Monday, November 9, 2009

My busily varied weekend.

Just this weekend I worked on adding bails to jewelry pieces, made 30+ candles for Christmas presents, bought fabric for storage bags for a few banners and pulled out an incomplete quilt so I can finish it.



From this quick rundown I think you can tell I don’t focus on one thing for very long. Yep, you guessed it. I’m erratic when it comes to crafting.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy every single thing that I do. Quite the opposite. It’s that I enjoy doing so many different things that I can’t stick with any one thing for very long before I’m drawn back to an old favorite or I start the journey down the path of a new hobby. I even have two Etsy shops – one for sewn things and one for jewelry – and sometimes it’s a problem. I get engrossed in one or the other and the remaining shop gets neglected.

All that said, I don’t know how to fix my wandering craft eye. Maybe being an erratic crafter isn’t such a bad thing. That is unless you’re talking about storage space for all the various and a sundry tools and accoutrements required for so many different interests. If that’s the case, then yes, it’s a bad thing. I am officially out of space.

2 comments:

  1. Being an erratic crafter is painful for me. I don't have the storage space and I don't know where to start sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Typepad has some weird verification going on. That last comment was from me (sassypriscilla). Susannah Barnes directed me to your blog. You are welcome to come visit mine (http://sassypriscilla.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete