Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thimble me this.

As it turns out, hand sewing the binding on my quilt isn't going to take as long as I had originally thought. It's a lap quilt so it's not huge but I still thought it would take longer than it is. I started on the whip stitching just after work last night followed by a little more after a dinner out and I'm nearly 3/4 of the way done. I think I'll have that sucker done tonight!




That said, mama needs a new thimble. My grandmothers would not be proud to see me hand sewing without a thimble! I found one in one of my sewing boxes but it's just too darn big. And I know I have another one that fits better somewhere in that house but I can't for the life of me find it. So, after a trip to the alterations shop after work (that's right, I can make a quilt but I don't know how to hem my own pants. Judge away.) I'll be heading to Hancock or the quilting store for another thimble that fits. And now that I'm so close to finishing this one, maybe I should start thinking about my next quilt... check in with me next year to see if it's lying around the house, half-finished with no binding. I'm sure I'll have a *very* good story as to why it's not done.

2 comments:

  1. I will melt away if one of my girls grow up and make me a lap quilt one day. I will go on and on about it, telling (and showing) everyone who enters my doorway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some crafty girls so I wouldn't put it past them!

    ReplyDelete